ClothingRepair

Replacing the Elastic Waist on Pajama Pants

The waist elastic on my pajama pants is now loose and they fall down. The pajama pants themselves are still in good condition, so instead of tossing the pajamas out, I added new elastic!

I folded the old waist down and hand sewed all around, leaving a little gap to thread in the elastic. My tip to thread the elastic easier is use a safety pin, so you have something to grip when sliding it in. Once you have the elastic threaded all around the waist, sew the elastic ends together. Then finish sewing the rest of the gap on your pajama pants.

Anonymous

That sounds like a good idea. But happens if can't to loose that hem length of the Pajamas