Repurposed Magnetic Picture Frame
With about 5 supplies and about 30 minutes, you can make a cheap magnetic memo board into a nice photo frame.
Total Time: 30 minutes or less
- 1 decorative magnetic sheet ($.50)
- 1 ruler
- 1 scissors
- 1 pen
- 1 photo of your choice ($.10)
- 1 clear sheeting like sheet protectors
- Determine what photo you want to use and how it will sit. It can either be portrait like mine or landscape. It's all in how the decorations on the sheet sit. When you have that, pick your photo.
- Measure the printed photo. Center it so you have the same area around it. When the photo is printed, cut it out with at least 3/4" of paper around it. This won't show. Miter each corner to the edge of the photo with the paper.
- Make a pen mark where the edges of the photo will need to be and mark it with a pen to the top and sides.
- Slightly bend the back so you can cut a notch. Then cut the hole for the photo. Mine was a bit off, so you can either make the photo just a smidge larger or the hole smaller.
- Turn it over and position your plastic covering and tape it. Then position your photo over that and tape it all around. I advise you to use a small piece of tape and turn it over to make sure it's placed where it's supposed to be before you tape it all around. Once it is, you are done. Go hang it up on the door or the fridge. N-JOY!!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!