Rescued Chipmunks Need Help?

I just found a chipmunk outside, my cat was torturing them. I picked them up and put it in our huge maple tree that has a lot of holes in it. My cat didn't break their skin, but their back legs where injured. I knew only my mom would help them get better so it's the best I could do, but is there more I could have done/do for them?

Best Answer

Normally in all areas there is a animal rescue center or a place you can take injured animals. They help the animals get better and release them again in the wild. Putting the chipmunks back in the tree the cat can get in the tree to attack them again. You can always try to put them in a cage and feed them to allow them to heal so you can release them back to the wild.

Best Answer

It will not help these chipmunks but you could put a little bell on the collar of your cat. It could help others chipmunks or others little birds or animals and your cat will still enjoy hunting as I am sure your cat is not hunting to survive.

Hope this helps the chipmunks !

He isn't hunting for food, but he also is local pest control (for mice and rats), and he hunts to kill, which is the fun part for him.

Not sure. Animals are pretty resilient, and probalby just putting them in a safe space is enough.

Generally it is best to call a wildlife specialist, to see about food and whatnot.

Better Living Green Living WildlifeMay 25, 2020
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
😎
Generated 2020-07-18 23:10:56 in 1.347 secs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Rescued-Chipmunks-Need-Help.html