Resolving a Dispute with Apartment Manager

I am a disabled 60 year old woman. There was a fire in my apt. caused by the hot water heater. I just started over buying everything new. I had no insurance, but I feel that my personal belongings were just thrown around and it felt like I was led to believe by management that I would be able to move back in few months. Well I have been out for 6 months and all my furniture, rugs, and other items were left sitting in water from the water damage, then when I went there to get some clothes I was devastated by the condition of the way my belongings were just thrown everywhere. They were full of mold, dust, and debris. The manager assured me that my property would be covered and packed up and don't worry about anything!! But I feel like I was lied to and disrespected by the way they treated my belongings. What can I do legally?


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

June 10, 20190 found this helpful

You can file a lawsuit against the management in small claims court. Depending on where you live, you can file for up to $10,000.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Business and Legal Legal General AdviceJune 10, 2019
Birthday Ideas!
Back to School Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/09/15 15:54:18 in 788 msecs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!