Reusing Bread Bags for Many Purposes

I have come over time to use more and more the bread bags that come into my home. They are very versatile and very freezer friendly.

When I purchase bulk meats, I use bread bags to separate it into serving sizes before freezing, pierogies too. I will put a meal size amount into the bag, tie a knot, then put in the next serving. If its a tender cut or freezer sensitive I will double-bag the package. When I need a section, I cut out the portion needed under the knot, leaving the next section still sealed closed.

The bags work with most everything even liquids. I have only had to buy freezer baggies once last year and I still haven't used them all, plus I don't feel like I am throwing my money away when I need to throw out a bag. Look around at the other bags that come into your house and I am sure they can all be put to another use.

I would be very careful and not put meat in a bag that had bread in it. I do not believe it would be sanitary. I buy cheap thin bags without zippers, put the meat in there, fasten with a twisty and then place in a freezer bag. This way when using the meat you can save the freezer bag that will be clean and dispose of the cheap thin bag. I do use bread bags for messy garbage, and place in the rubbish bag.

I reuse bread bags a lot, too. What I really like is the way you tie them into portions

Make sure you do not turn them inside out. The coloring on bread bags have lead & other things bad for you in them.

You have to be careful using plastic containers that are food containers for one use only such as frozen dinners.

I save and use my bread bags too. My daughters are saving and using theirs too. Like you said when you have to throw one away after reusing it, it doesn't bother me because it was free and I did reuse it.

They also make great pet waste bags!