Roasted Rib-Eye and Vegetables Recipe

Category Beef
Make this delicious one pan dinner for your family. This is a guide about roasted rib-eye and vegetables recipe.

This is a nice "put it in the oven and forget it" meal. The meat melts like butter in your mouth. It's so good. We found mixed mini potatoes on sale at the store instead of red potatoes and I forgot to put the onions in the bag, when I made the roast this time. It was still tasty and my kids did a better job eating it, so I might leave them out on purpose next time :)

I really love the oven bags for easy meals. Rib-Eye Roast can be VERY expensive so keep an eye out for sales and you can always opt to use a cheaper cut of meat.

Total Time: 2 1/4 hours

Yield: 8

Source: Reynolds

• 1 large Reynolds Oven Bag
  • 1 Tbsp flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 3/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3-3 1/2 lb ribeye roast
  • 1 1/2 lb small red potatoes, halved (I didn't half them)
  • 1 pkg (16 oz) baby carrots
  • 2 med. onions (I forgot them)
  • 1 whole bulb garlic, unpeeled
  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • additional salt and pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
  2. Shake flour in oven bag. Place bag inside a large baking pan.
  3. Rub raw beef with oregano, pepper, and salt. Place beef in bag.
  4. Arrange veggies in an even layer around roast. Add extra salt and pepper if desired (I would recommend it).
  5. Cut 1 inch off the top of the garlic bulb and place in bag. I placed it top down on top of the meat.
  6. Close bag and cut 6 - 1/2 inch slits in the top of the bag.
  7. Cook for 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 hours or until meat thermometer reads 145 degrees (this took closer to 2 hours).
  8. Let meat rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
  9. Place vegetables and garlic in bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp. butter. Serve as a side with the sliced meat. I also served with green beans for some color and extra nutrition.