Rinsing Hair Dye Out of Your Hair

Category Coloring
There are a number of ways to rinse the dye out of your hair without splashing it all over the walls and floor. The shower is a popular place to do this step. You might also try the deep sink in your laundry room, if you have one. This is a guide about rinsing hair dye out of your hair.

The problem: How do I rinse my hair out good after applying hair color and not splashing it onto my floor, wall and surrounding area?

My solution is to rinse my hair under the garden hose. Before I apply my hair color I attach the spray nozzle double checking the flow and I put a towel and the little pack of conditioner right beside the hose. When it is time to rinse out the hair color I'm ready and I don't have to worry about my wall and floor.

The only time of the year it was an issue was in December and that just made me step it up and move a lot faster. I consider it worth it though because I had to repaint a bathroom once due to splashing that would not come off.

By Notwrong

Outside? Not for me. The water from the hose is ice cold even in summer. It would depend on where you live, of course and you don't give your location. When I color my hair I rinse in the laundry room sink. It is very deep and accommodates long hair.

I run a few inches of water in my tub and then lay down in it. That way really gets the dye to come out.

Otherwise, I would be in the shower forever trying to get it all out. And it doesn't stain my tub.

I really don't understand. I do mine in the shower and the coloring has never stained the tub or fiberglass surround.

Great idea, except for those of us who live in places like Canada. Turn on a hose here and 6 months of the year all you would get is ice! But it's a terrific idea for at the cottage in the summer!