Roof Repair Assistance for Low Income Seniors?

I'm in need of a new roof. My husband is dead so I don't have help with doing work on my home. I have been trying to do everything a little at a time, but the roof is catching up with me. It is raining in my house now. Where can I get some help? I'm 71years young and just went back to work.

Best Answer

There are a lot of agencies that offer assistance to low income seniors but each one requires that you complete all of their forms/questionnaires to see if you qualify.
If they determine that you meet their qualifications then they will contact you and probably ask a few more questions and make an appointment for a personal interview. If they are satisfied with your interview then they will determine what category your request will be placed and that will determine how long a list you are placed on.
As you can see this process usually takes several months before you reach the 'list' stage. and there could be a lot of people before you on that list. Available money is usually the key to getting assistance and if the budgeted money runs out in June they may not receive any more funds for several months.

I'm only stating this because I have seen how this works and I know that it can be frustrating but that should not keep you from applying to several agencies and you could be lucky and receive help in a shorter period of time.

I have been told that Habitat for Humanity usually works faster than many other agencies and you may also have some local agencies that work fast than national agencies. You should ask someone at your local Family Services center for information on local help agencies.

I would suggest you apply to Habitat for Humanity first.

www.programsforelderly.com/housing-habitat-for-humanity-critical...

You can also complete the following application as they will provide a large number of agencies you contact.

www.benefitscheckup.org/.../prescreen

Here are 2 links that maybe can help out. www.homeadvancement.com/.../grants and www.governmentgrants.com/housing-assistance-for-elderly-disabled...

There are grants you could apply: www.rd.usda.gov/.../single-family-housing-repair-loans...

You may want to research in your community if there are any volunteer groups or neighbors helping each other program like this one: neighborshelpingneighborsri.org/index.html

aside from the usual dismal business of applying for grants and aid or whatnot, you might look to assistance from a church or a local Lion's Club. You could even if you were tech savvy and had heaps of friends start a gofundme campaign. Projects that help and have a finite goal (IE raising a roof) usually do pretty well on that platform

Home and Garden Repair Home RoofFebruary 28, 2020
😷
📓
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Roof-Repair-Assistance-for-Low-Income-Seniors-1.html