Sausage Bread Recipes
For a delicious meat pastry treat, make some flavorful sausage bread. This page contains sausage bread recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a bread that my son in-law's mother makes for special occasions. Very good bread!
- 1 pkg. hot roll mix
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Tabasco (opt.)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. parsley flakes
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- butter or margarine
- Prepare dough using package directions. Let rise for 45 minutes.
- Cook sausage with onion in skillet, stirring until crumbly; drain off fat. Let cool.
- Add next 5 ingredients; mix well.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Spread mixture on dough; top with Swiss cheese. Roll up and pinch ends together.
- Place on greased cookie sheet. Brush with butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes at temperature on package.
By Robin from Washington, IA
- 1 frozen loaf of unbaked bread
- 1 lb. sausage or hamburger (cooked and drained)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- green peppers and onions (cooked with meat, if desired)
- garlic powder
Split loaf into 2 halves. Roll to desired shape. Sprinkle bread with garlic powder. Mix 1 egg white with cooked meat. Spread meat mixture evenly over bread dough. Sprinkle with cheese, roll up and seal. Use reserved egg yolk to paint top of bread. Bake in loaf pan at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.