Sausage Bread Recipes
This is a bread that my son in-law's mother makes for special occasions. Very good bread!
- 1 pkg. hot roll mix
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Tabasco (opt.)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. parsley flakes
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- butter or margarine
- Prepare dough using package directions. Let rise for 45 minutes.
- Cook sausage with onion in skillet, stirring until crumbly; drain off fat. Let cool.
- Add next 5 ingredients; mix well.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Spread mixture on dough; top with Swiss cheese. Roll up and pinch ends together.
- Place on greased cookie sheet. Brush with butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes at temperature on package.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Split loaf into 2 halves. Roll to desired shape. Sprinkle bread with garlic powder. Mix 1 egg white with cooked meat. Spread meat mixture evenly over bread dough. Sprinkle with cheese, roll up and seal. Use reserved egg yolk to paint top of bread.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.