Saving Money on Greeting Cards

Embellish dollar store greeting cards with bargains from the scrapbook or discount stores. I find items on clearance (recently 3 packs for $1.00), that can really dress up a plain greeting card; bows, emblems, tiny gems, flowers, words, the choices are endless. I had recently bought a box of all occasion cards at Cracker Barrel that gave me the idea. The items mentioned give them a 3-D look, very impressive.

By Shirley F. from Tallassee, TN

11 More Solutions

A couple of good ways to save money on cards: The dollar store has a surprisingly good array of cards and at mine, they are 2 for a dollar. We also like to make cards by using construction paper.

Since I frequently send cards, I buy a supply of them at yard sales and dollar stores to have on hand. While they have attractive pictures on the fronts and include thoughtful messages inside, most of the cheaper cards have no color inside.

I got 7 Hallmark and Papryus cards for $1.50. The cheapest I have ever gotten cards was for 50 cents at Dollar Tree. These are far nicer, and one even plays music when you open it. I keep my cards organized by category, so I know when I need to stock up on a certain type.

A collection of greeting cards found at yard sales.

Greeting cards have gotten so expensive and my husband has a large family and lots of birthday cards to send out. So I look for nice birthday cards at thrift shops, when they have them.

I make cards whenever possible but when I have to buy one, I am always amazed at how much they cost. I like to give truly recyclable cards.

My mother gives my father his birthday card, anniversary card, etc. He opens it and he reads it and thanks her. She then goes to her file and puts the card in a file.

Dollar stores and thrift stores are great places to pick up some cheap greeting cards. Don't underestimate the power of a greeting card.

Personalized homemade cards can be very special correspondences for your friends and family. It's easy to make them for any holiday or occasion.

Handmade Christmas card.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Use your imagination and crafting skills to upgrade inexpensive greeting cards. This page contains a good example.

Sprucing Up Cheap Greeting Cards - open card with the string of paper Jack 'O Lanterns

Save extra holiday cards and stock up on frequently used greeting cards when you see a good price and choice. Then by organizing them you can always find what you need for that special occasion. This is a page about organizing unused greeting cards.

Pile of greeting cards.

Tips for saving money on greeting cards. Post your ideas.

Holidays and Parties Gifts CardsSeptember 18, 2012
🐰
🍀
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-on-Greeting-Cards-1.html