Embellish Inexpensive Greeting Cards

Embellish dollar store greeting cards with bargains from the scrapbook or discount stores. I find items on clearance (recently 3 packs for $1.00), that can really dress up a plain greeting card; bows, emblems, tiny gems, flowers, words, the choices are endless. I had recently bought a box of all occasion cards at Cracker Barrel that gave me the idea. The items mentioned give them a 3-D look, very impressive.

By Shirley F. from Tallassee, TN

Great idea! I'm going to do this. Thanks!

Anonymous

Love it! I have all kinds of plain cards and it would take nothing to enhance them with your ideas!

I am fortunate enough to have a great library in my town. One of the benefits is they have a lady who brings in all the makings for a couple of greeting cards. Lots of fun to see how "creative" each person is. One thing, depending on how high a decoration sticks out from the card you may need extra postage as they require hand stamping. Keep this in mind when you are creating your cards to prevent them being returned for postage.

I cant believe how many times I have passed that isle in Walmart and wished I scrap booked! The little embellishments are so cute! I cant wait to do this for all my cards! Thank you so much for the idea!
Love it!

Robyn