Saving Money on Skin Care

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts

Woman wearing a beauty mask.Rub a raw potato on your face to help with skin discoloration, wrinkles, and age spots. Enzymes in the raw potato nourishes your skin tissue, and the alkaline content gives you a nice glow. I used to have bad acne scars, until I started using this method. This saves me the hundreds of dollars a year I used to spend on expensive creams and ointments!

By attosa from Los Angeles, CA

3 More Solutions

Kelly Ann Butterbaugh

While I'll never look like the glamorous women I see on TV, I can keep a tight skin regimen for much less than the ads on TV advertise.

cream on face

French women are known for taking great care of their skin by drinking plenty of water, eating their vegetables, and incorporating healthy movement into their daily life, not by wearing gobs of makeup. Cultivate an inner glow by taking care of your health.

Can someone suggest some tips for having glowing skin in the 40+ age bracket?

By Almas

Answers

Look for glycolic acid under ingredients when buying any facial product. QVC has some excellent products under Dr. Denese brands. type in search word Glycolic acid. the way it works is that glycolic acid is a natural skin irritant that comes from citrus fruit. it stimulates your skin to renew itself naturally.

you also have to exfoliate regularly to remove top dead layer of your skin. the new skin is what gives you a glow. never use a product on your face that has oil, lanolin, or has paraben (wax) in it. only use oil-free on your face. including, make-up, soaps, or lotions.

Do a facial with lemon and cucumber refreshing and smells good feels cool and draws the skin tight along with looking brighter.

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 846 Posts

Regular exercise and a healthy balanced diet is the absolute best secret. ;-)

I use a very cheap Vitamin E oil. It is made by a company called Weilong, and I buy it here in Hong Kong for 12 HK dollars. It's brilliant. I put it all over my face and body and it seems to soak off the old dead skin.

I gave it to my friend and she raves too. Also, take a daily dose of Lycopene and Melatonin. Health benefits are amazing and skin will glow.

Try a tinted moisturizer, they give sheer coverage while hydrating. I like the dewy glow they provide.

Answer this Question
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceMay 8, 2014
📓
🌻
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-on-Skin-Care.html