Saving Recipes

When I find a recipe that sounds interesting and don't want to write it down and don't always have good luck at saving it or don't want to save the whole page, I found a compromise. I copy and paste what I want to keep and paste it into a blank e-mail and save it as a draft. Then when I have a chance to I open the draft, then save it to file in my documents.

My print shop program is then opened. I find the best place to open and insert the recipe to and if that fails I copy and paste it instead. By trial and error you can find a form that enables you to place the recipe on and print out onto a 4x6 or 3x5 inch blank recipe card.

I found using the photo ones work great. I made small cookbooks for friends doing this. Some I typed in because they were my recipes in my head. You can edit, change type, etc if you care to. I found I get a lot more recipes this way and not skip over them because it was time consuming to write it down or deal with at the moment.

By Bev from Uvalde, TX

3 More Solutions

Enter your favorite family recipes onto the ThriftyFun website for preservation in case your house ever catches on fire. Spread the recipes around; give to family members, put in safe deposit box, make copies and bury in the backyard.

I have been cleaning and de-cluttering the house and often will find recipes. I take pictures of unusual ones or very old ones, because I don't want to lose them. This one for, example, I would not make as written, but I wanted to keep it just the same.

Take Photos of Old or Unusual Recipes

I love and collect cookbooks. I go through the cookbooks and write down in pencil in each cookbook the page numbers of the recipes I want to make. This saves me so much time and I have the recipes right at hand.

In These Pages
Organizing RecipesOctober 28, 2016
😷
🎃
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Recipes.html