Seafood "Alley" Tacos
Ever price a lobster or shrimp taco? Some places charge $8.99 for a two taco shrimp plate or $9.99 for a two taco lobster plate. (A plate comes with rice and beans which are relatively inexpensive.) I made these homemade seafood tacos for less than $.50 per taco. I call them "Alley" tacos because they are cheaper than a street taco!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 20 street tacos
- 20 street size flour tortillas (2 packages) ($2)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- lobster bites ($2 (these were on sale))
- breaded shrimp ($1.30 (normal price $7.99, on sale for $4.99 less coupon of $1.00 (but I only used l/3 of the package))
- 1 avocado (.95 ($1.25 less 30 cents coupon))
- monterey jack cheese (.85 ($1.67 per package, but I used 1 tablespoon per taco))
- cilantro ($.01 (.50 cents less .40 cent coupon but I only used a few sprigs))
- cilantro lime dressing ($2.00 ($3.00 per bottle, but I used 1 tablespoon per taco))
- salad greens ($.25)
GRAND TOTAL FOR 20 STREET TACOS: $9.36 for 20 tacos or the equivalent of a restaurant charge for one seafood taco plate! (less the rice and beans)
- Bake 1 1/2 cups battered shrimp in oven according to package directions Meanwhile, cook garlic and lobster bites in a small amount of oil, adding salt and pepper to season, on the stove top.
- Heat cast iron skillet and fry tortillas in a sprayed oil pan, folding in half.
- Prepare toppings: slice the avocado, place cheese in a bowl, place salad greens into a bowl and cut off a few sprigs of cilantro and place in a bowl.
- Add seafood to fried tortillas, add toppings, drizzle with cilantro lime dressing (Kraft brand) and serve.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.