Seasoning Salt Recipes

Category Spices
Rather than buy seasoned salt at the market, you can easily make your own special blend at home. This page contains seasoning salt recipes.

Make your own seasoning salt by refilling the now finished container with one 1/2 parts salt, and one teaspoon of the following: paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Reseal the top and give a shake before each use.

NOTE: You can even add any extra spices of your choice like poultry seasoning for example. I discovered this when I ran out of this condiment. They do sell it on this side of the globe, but its considered an imported item so its price is more than I wish to spend. I just read the ingredients labeled on the back and realized I had all the spices separately right in my kitchen cabinets.

By sbb1 from Umm al Quain, UAE

Almost done with the seasoning file! I also take all the recipes and give as gifts at bridal showers

• 1 Part Onion powder
  • 3 Part Salt

Directions:

• Mix and put in a spice jar.
  • Comment Was this helpful? Yes

These 2 recipes came from my husband's cousin in southwest Iowa. Thanks, Debbie!

Seasoned Salt #1:

Seasoned Salt #2:

Directions:

Seasoned Salt #1 and #2 instructions: Mix together and store in tightly closed container. Use in regular cooking, but taste before adding regular salt.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Handy to have one shaker instead of a dozen.

Directions:

Mix ingredients and keep in a shaker to use on meats, eggs in casseroles just about anything.

Once you try it you will use in on most everything. Feel free to adjust the amounts or ingredients.

The original recipe called for 2 Tbsp. white sugar, I often don't use any but it may surprise you what it does for the flavor.

A use for those single salt or pepper shakers or a saved shaker container.

By Ann Winberg

Food and Recipes Recipes SpicesMay 16, 2014
    🎂
    🎃
    🌻