Selling Collectible Barbies?

Category Dolls
Older and special edition Barbie dolls can be valuable to a collector. This is a page about selling collectible Barbies.

How do I find a good place to sell some Barbie dolls? I have three Marylin Monroe Barbie dolls, Day in the Sun, Hollywood Cast Party, and Publicity Tour. They are still in their cases, they have never been opened. They are also their third, fourth, and fifth series. If anyone has suggestions for selling them please advise. Thank you.

By Jesica A. from Rocklin, CA

Answers

The advantages of Craigslist is you get cash and local people only see it. The advantages of eBay is that the world sees it and unless you put a "buy it now" option, bidding wars ensue for things two or more people want. Put Barbies in eBay and you will find thousands, but it will also give you an idea of what they are selling for. I have sold 18 on eBay over the last 12 months, so it's a toss up as to which one I like best.

Sandi

Anonymous

I have sold a lot on ebay, not dolls but Cookie Jars. But honestly if you don't really raise the price to make money out of it, the shipping cost kills you. I have a large collection of Special Edition Barbies and "Gone with Wind" Porcelain Figurines from Bradford Editions. Just not sure what to do. Craigslist is most likely the best option to afford the high shipping costs.

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsMarch 12, 2013
🌻
😎
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Selling-Collectible-Barbies-1.html