Selling Encyclopedias

I have in my possession the 1926 Book of Knowledge set of encyclopedias by Grolier with the original case. I am willing to sell them to an interested buyer for an appropriate cost. How do I find a buyer?

By Ellery from Milwaukee, WI

hi - as a general rule it is difficult to give sets away so you may not find anyone interested in your set. Library book sales will usually not accept them as a donation.

Some have been "sold" for craft projects but shipping is expensive and a lot if trouble. Sad...

Since your set is nearly 100 years old, you may have better luck finding someone who wants them. You could try local history museums, as they may want them for school recreations and the like.

Or you could try contacting an antique book store and see if there is any interest. However, I doubt that you will be able to sell them for much; I would look at places for donation, if I were you.