Selling a Doll Collection

I have somewhere between 1000 to 2000 dolls that I would like to sell. I would like to sell them all at one time. What is the best way to do that?

By Robin

Hello neighbor I just want to give you a heads up, my father had a train collection and we went to collectors asking what they were worth if we wanted to sell them and they were offering us rock bottom prices even under bidding and taking advantage of an innocent persons ignorance on the subject.

A friend suggested we ask collectors their value so we could insure them and we actually got prices 3 and 4 times more than what we were told when inquiring on selling prices. Trust no one unless u get the real value thru the "insurance" metaphor and then you will know the asking price and the true value of your dolls.

Then we offered them bulk on craigslist and accepted a generous offer from someone who would continue to treasure them. Be wise friend, try my method so no one rips u off, any stranger would! God bless and good luck. Gia in massapequa park, ny

I buy real old dolls

I would appreciate some help my wife has a large collection of porcelain dolls we would like to get rid of the collection at one time !

I agree but on the same hand a store that would give you a few dollars for you train would sell it to you for hundreds!

Wow! That is a lot of dolls!
There are several factors to consider; such as the maker and condition and if any are still in boxes. You would have to do a lot of research and as stated before; get more than one opinion.

Dolls are very plentiful on the Internet so it is difficult to receive a "good" price, even for valuable dolls and "regular" dolls sell for only a few dollars.

You may be "lucky" and find someone who wants this many dolls. I personally would estimate that - if sold as a lot - you would only receive about .25 to 50 cents per doll. This may sound low but I have a lot of dolls and do not kid myself as to their "true" value.

Some dolls purchased 20-30 years ago - at prices well above 100.00 are now worth 15-20 dollars. Of course there are always exceptions.

Good luck and I hope you make a lot of money!

Were you able to sell this large group of dolls? If so, how did you do it?

I would be interested