Serving Fruit at a Party

Category Fruit
Fruit is a delicious healthy food to serve at a party. There are many creative ways you can arrange fresh fruit for serving. This is a page about serving fruit at a party.

I am planning a wedding for July 12, 2009. I feel like I have a very tight budget, $2000 for food (for 100 guests) and decorations. I have learned some great things from this website. I was attempting to create a palm tree made from pineapples for a fruit display. In the process, I discovered a creative way to "cut up" my pineapple. I always see pineapples cut into squares or triangle slivers, and I was looking for something different and unusual.

I cut the top and bottom off of my pineapple. I took a canolli tube (metal) and tapped it down into my pineapple until it went all the way through. I pulled it out, and then had a long round tube of pineapple. We pushed the pineapple out of the tube. It almost reminded me of something we would have done as kids with Play-Doh!

From one pineapple I was able to make 8 tubes (one in the center and 7 around it). They are about 5 inches long each. I'm not sure yet if I will place the pineapple "tubes" in a punch or simply cut them into 1 inch sections and place them on a dish in the fruit section, but if I do this with 2 or 3 pineapples, I will end up with a lot of unique-shaped treats for skewers.

I also thought about taking a pineapple tube and placing a toothpick on one end. Then putting a pineapple ring (the kind you get from a can) over the toothpick and a cherry to secure the ring. It would almost look like an umbrella.

By Barbara Pyne from Atlantic Beach, FL

Going to have a party? Offer homemade vitamin waters as a drink option. Crush the fruits in a separate bowl, keeping the crushed fruits and herbs set aside for refills. Place the fruit and herbs in a strainer and pour the water through it into a pitcher. You can add a few pieces of whole or chopped up fruit to the pitcher if you want.

Maybe try cutting the fruit in a pretty way and leave a sprig or two of the chosen herb in the pitcher for looks. Many guests will gravitate towards this over any soda or juice!

This recipe is easy fun and tasty. First you get 2 cups of green grapes and 2 cups of red grapes. Slice them in half, put them into a bowl and chop up some green onions, only about a handful of green onions. If your grapes are big, chop them up again. Happy eating!

Source: I got this from a relative.

By Lani from Albuquerque, NM

I need ideas of foods for a May Day themed birthday celebration. It is an everybody seniors birthday celebration to be held in an inside auditorium. I am interested in finger fruits or a fruit cup. Thanks for your suggestions.

By grannie

Food and Recipes Food Tips FruitJune 11, 2013
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Serving-Fruit-at-a-Party.html