Sewing Machine Broke Thread and Jammed?

I own a 360 Pfaff sewing machine and am attempting to get the tension correct. I experienced sudden thread breaking and now the machine is frozen and won't move. How can I get it unfrozen?

By Joanne from Vale, OR

Best Answer

Actually this doesn't sound simple at all.

I do some repairs for my sewing students, mostly on Singers but have done limited work on Pfaffs and this sounds as though there is a broken part internally and/or thread(s) bits caught up in several places through the inside of the machine. The combination is what has frozen your machine.

This is NOT a job for a novice - Pfaff machines are rather complicated machines internally and very difficult to put back together once you've pulled the head and removed a couple of those tiny screws - each screw has its own special designated place even though they do look similar, it's too easy to put the wrong screw in the wrong place and that is a sure machine killer.

Take the machine to a qualified repair tech, preferably one whose advert includes the term 'Pfaff machine repairs' so that you know this is a tech with experience. The work is not going to be 'cheap' but it is going to be reliable.

I don't have a Pfaff but I would check the manual. It sounds like something simple. If all else fails take it in for a check.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesNovember 8, 2013
😷
😎
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Sewing-Machine-Broke-Thread-and-Jammed.html