Sewing Machine Has No Power When Plugged In

Troubleshooting the electrical problems with your sewing machine may be something you can do yourself, depending on your skills. This is a guide about sewing machine has no power when plugged in.

I have an old New Home embroidery machine (one of the first ones) and it has no power. When I plug it in no light or any power at all. Does this machine have a fuse?

By Jean

Answers

Best Answer

I don't think the actual machine has a fuse but it's possible the foot control does; more likely though, there is a broken wire either in the connection area of the machine, or in the foot control.

If you are completely comfortable doing small home electrical repair, you can open the sewing machine and have a look where the connection is made to see if the wires leading to the connection are broken (easy fix). If everything in there looks fine, open the foot control and inspect it for breaks or frays. Again, this is an easy fix.

If you are not comfortable doing small electrical repairs, take your machine to a sewing centre and have their repair tech do the troubleshooting and repair.

While the machine is in the shop the tech should also look the entire machine over, and do a servicing (cleaning of inner parts for lint, gunk, etc, and oiling). The repair and servicing should cost around $80USD - be sure to get a written estimate so there are no nasty surprises when you go to pick it up.

When I try to start my new sewing machine the machine has a little short circuit in the power wire. And after the that machine has no power. Can someone explain what is happening and what I do next?
Thank you.

Answers

If you bought this machine new, take it back to the store.

It sounds like your new machine needs a new foot pedal. If you purchased it recently it is probably still under warranty.

Most issues like this are still under the manufacturers warranty. You can try calling the company number that came with your machine and they will direct you in what to do next.

Hopefully your machine is still under warranty and you can return it. I would ask for another machine if possible instead of having this one repaired.