Shaggy Bow Hair Clip
You will get a lot of compliments when you wear this hair clip and even more when you tell them you made it yourself. But shhhh, don't let them know how easy it was!
- 1 plain hair clip
- 25 in wide lace braid
- 10 in narrow ribbon
- strong multi-purpose glue
- 1 sticky embellishment
- 1 measuring tape
- Cut a 25 inch length of wide lace.
- Fold back 5 inches.
- Carry on concertina folding the lace every 5 inches.
- Cut a 10 inch length of narrow ribbon.
- Form a circle and join with glue.
- Apply a little more glue and pinch to join at the middle.
- Wrap a length of cord about three times around your fingers.
- Stack the lace ribbon and cord on top of each other.
- Lay another piece of cord over the top of the stack.
- Turn the stack over and tie a double knot with the short cord.
- Trim the ends.
- Apply glue to the hair clip.
- Stick the clip to the back of the bow.
- Add a pretty embellishment of your choice.
- Make sure the glue is well dried before using it - you don't want it stuck to your head for good!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!