Shiny Spot on Matte Laminate Flooring?

My other half tried to remove a light scratch from our new matte finish laminate floor using an abrasive cleaner (cif), which has now resulted in an unsightly and obvious shiny patch. Is there any way of restoring the matte finish?

Thank you.

By Amanda F

Best Answer

When I had my darker color Pergo laminate flooring put in just last week, the installer told me to buy a brown sharpie and if I got a scratch, use the sharpie and then wipe it in. I've tried about everything advised to clean the floor and nothing has worked yet. The best I've got is using Windex and a cleaned swifter damp cloth on the swifter mop. We've got dogs so it gets dirty fast! I am not very happy about the way the flooring cleans. Not happy at All but I love the way it should look!

I'm thinking about using my dry steam mop, I don't care what is recommended. The floor looks like crap as it is. I waited and waited to get the flooring I liked and this is what I get from it.

Anonymous
Best Answer

I have Pergo in my kitchen, it looks like slate, I use my steam mop on it all the time on low. It still looks great

Hi,

I have the same problem and tried everything.
Did you manage to remove the shiny spot?

Thank you,
Patrick

Hi, i have the exactly same problem, did you manage to fix it?

Home and Garden Repair Home FloorsJuly 3, 2012
👒
🐛
🌻
👔
Generated 2021-04-24 12:34:07 in 596 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Shiny-Spot-on-Matte-Laminate-Flooring.html