Shirt Has White Spots After Washing

Actually I have one maroon colour Raymond shirt, but after washing it with detergent powder, white patches appeared on my shirt. How can I remove them?

Try soaking it (swishing it around by hand) in cold water (in a bucket or tub) to see if it is just powder residue and comes out. Years ago I stopped using powders because this happened all the time.

If that doesn't work, examine the spots closely to see if they go all the way through which means you may have had bleach leakage (if you have a dispenser and used bleach on a prior load). In that case, you may want to try to dye your shirt back to the original color (Rit or other products are nice). Or you could get all fancy and embellish the damage with beads or embroidery to make a fashion statement.

If that doesn't work or doesn't appeal to you, you may want to give the shirt it's 2nd life (meaning wear it when painting or some other messy task.)

Try scotch Guard

I would soak it in the sink. The detergent patches should dissolve.

Try washing it again with only dark clothes (let it soak in clear water for 30 minutes before adding a very small amount of liquid detergent/soap.

It would be best to never use powered detergent with dark clothes and maybe try adding soap (usually) to wash water, mix it up good before adding clothes.
But - For removal of soap deposits with your shirt, add small amount of detergent last.
I would not use any type of "softener" to dark clothes - in the washer or in the dryer.

I'd add a touch of white vinegar to water, mix well, let it sit in there for a bit, agitate it, then rinse it. Dry well.

You are so right - I forgot about adding the vinegar.

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingJuly 3, 2018
📓
🌻
🐛