Lighting and ElectricHome Improvement

Shopping for Cool Craft Lighting

I do lots of hand sewing and it is necessary that I use a very bright lite. My problem is the heat it puts out. I can hardly stand it any longer. Are there craft lights available for close work that stay cool? I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

By Nelwyn

Get an LED light. There are many available in different brightnesses and they have very little heat. You could also try using a CFL bulb in a regular lamp. This is what I do. It cuts way down on the heat when using a 100 watt equivalent bulb.

Polly G is right. Using a flourescent or CFL bulb cuts way down on the heat. The Craft Standing Floor Lamp is a good example. I have one that I like very much. The Craft Lamp - Table Model is the same thing, but sits on your table. One of the places you can find them is at www.herrschners.com/searchpage.aspx?k=lighting%20aids

I have also seen them at hobby shops and places like Lowe's.