SeafoodRecipes

Shrimp Ceviche

Vote for this contest contender!

This shrimp ceviche is the perfect meal for these hot summer days as it is served chilled. It's full of protein, veggies and bright citrus juices. Serve it on top of a tostada shell, or scoop it up with tortilla chips.

Traditional shrimp ceviche uses raw seafood, using the acids in the citrus juices to "cook" them over time. This recipe I'm sharing cooks the shrimp in boiling water just until they good pink, then thrown in the citrus, which is a far safer method, and I believe much tastier. This ceviche is fabulous for those on the Whole30 Diet or the likes.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 3 minutes, plus citrus marinating time

Total Time: 50-60 minutes

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add shrimp. Cook shrimp for a couple minutes until they turn a light pink colour and fully cooked.
  2. Immediately remove shrimp from water and transfer to a plate to cool. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
  3. In a large bowl, mix together the lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil, and salt.
  4. Add the shrimp and allow to marinate in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
  5. Stir in the diced onion, jalapeno, and tomatoes. Marinate in refrigerator for another 20 to 30 minutes.
  6. Remove from refrigerator and stir in avocado and cilantro. Serve chilled with tostadas or chips.

That looks delicious.
Thank you for the recipe.

You're welcome! The shrimp sales keep coming along so we've been having it often. Never get tired of it ;)

Shrimp!!
This is nice because you can cut it to make enough for two and still have a fabulous dish.
Thanks again for your great recipes!
Betty

You're welcome, Betty! Sunday night we had visitors and they really wanted to try this. I was a bit short on shrimp so I cut it with some imitation crab I had in the fridge and it was EXCELLENT.

That sounds good also - a two in one recipe!

Anonymous

OMG I Love this, made it already three times this week ! Thanks for posting my new favorite dip recipe

Oh yay! You're so welcome!!! :)