Pad Thai Recipes

Category Seafood
If you are a fan of Pad Thai, make one of these delicious variations at home anytime. This page contains Pad Thai recipes.

I wanted to learn how to make Pad Thai in honor of my best friend who was from Thailand, who passed away from a stroke. My favorite memories of her were of us laughing together over a good, authentic Pad Thai. This recipe is easy and so delicious!

• 1/2 lime
  • 1 egg
  • 4 tsp. fish sauce
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp. ground dried chili pepper
  • ground pepper
  • 1 shallot, minced
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. tamarind
  • 1/2 package of Thai rice noodles
  • 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 1/2 lb. cooked shrimp
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onion
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped peanuts
  • 1 cup bean sprouts, rinsed

Directions:

Soak the dry noodles in lukewarm water while preparing the other ingredients, for 5-10 minutes. Do not over soak as they will get mushy.

Heat it up a wok or large pot on high heat and pour in oil. Fry the peanuts until toasted and remove them from the wok. Add shallots and garlic, stir them until they start to brown. The noodles should be flexible but not expanded at this point. Drain the noodles and add to the wok. Stir quickly to keep things from sticking.

Add tamarind, sugar, fish sauce, and chili pepper. Stir. The heat should remain high. Make room for the egg by pushing all noodles to the side. Crack the egg onto wok/pot and scramble it until it is almost all cooked. Fold the egg into the noodles. Add shrimp and stir. Add bean sprouts and green onions. Stir a few more times. The noodles should be soft and very tangled.

Pour onto the serving plate and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve hot with wedge of lime on the side and green onions and raw bean sprouts on top.

The second time I made this I had no fish sauce, so I used oyster sauce with a bit of rice wine vinegar in it - it was perfect! You can also find powdered tamarind in almost any major grocery store in the international section. It's usually less than a buck!

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes

By attosa from Los Angeles, CA

Shirataki noodles are the zero calorie, zero carb, zero gluten "miracle noodle" from Japan that is made from konjac root. We used to only be able to find these noodles in Asian grocery stores, but now they are available at most stores and all over the internet.

I turned my shirataki noodles into this Pad Thai dish because I love to make my sauce from chunky peanut butter, and it helps even out that guilt. I also cut the carrots and onions into "noodles" to make it seem heftier, yet stay light. If you'd like a super skinny Pad Thai, use this recipe but swap out the peanut butter with a powdered version like PB2.

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

• 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
  • 3 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1/2 a lime
  • 1 tsp chili sauce
  • 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root, peeled
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 3 Tbsp water
  • 1 Tbsp brown sugar (I cut mine with a bit of stevia)
  • 1/2 a large carrot, peeled
  • 1/2 a small onion, cut into thin strips
  • 2 tsp coconut oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 7oz bag of shirataki noodles, drained well

1. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, chili sauce and juice of lime to a bowl.
  2. Advertisement

3. Grate the ginger into the bowl.
  4. Grate the garlic clove into the bowl.
  5. Add water, stir well, the mix in sugar.
  6. Cut carrot into quarters, lengthwise.
  7. Use a vegetable peeler to make thin strips.
  8. Advertisement

9. Heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Add carrots and onions and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
  10. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs.
  11. Make a well in the carrots and onions, add the other teaspoon of coconut oil, then pour in the eggs.
  12. Add a dash of salt and pepper to the eggs, then quickly scramble them.
  13. Advertisement

14. Add the shirataki noodles to the pan.
  15. Add peanut sauce to the pan.
  16. Mix well and allow to cook for a minute or two. Garnish with chopped cilantro on top, if desired.

Easy, flavourful and inexpensive to make. I was craving pad thai and combined a few recipes I found into one, and added my own twist to it as well. I used to use another recipe but found it a bit dry and tasteless so I created this one.

A meal you can whip up easily and enjoy with a balance of protein and vegetables. You can hold the meat, add more or less vegetables depending on your preference and what you have on hand.

Beef and Tofu Pad Thai on plate

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I'm looking for a recipe for Boston Pizza's Pad Thai, which my kids love. Boston Pizza is a Canadian chain. Here's a description of the dish from their website:

"Pad Thai

Our take on a Thai classic. Fettuccini noodles, carrots, red pepper, green onion and your choice of tender chicken breast or juicy shrimp, all tossed in our spicy Pad Thai sauce. Drizzled with peanut sauce then finished with chopped peanuts, fresh cilantro and lime."

The US chain is called Boston's Gourmet Pizza but according to their website, they don't serve Pad Thai.

Dolna from Nova Scotia

Answers

By Ayesha (Guest Post)

I also absolutely LOVE their Psd Thai but dont feel like paying 15 bucks everytime i want to eat it. So if anyone knows their recipe PLEASE share it with us.Thanx(

By Lynn (Guest Post)

I was so hoping to find the recipe on the computer because I love the Pad Thai from Boston pizza. But after a lot of searching, I still haven't found it. I will check back here hoping that someone will fess up the recipe so we can all enjoy it.

I am also from Nova Scotia, and Pad thai was my fave meal at BP until they took it off the menu. I found a recipe that tastes the EXACT same. Just made it tonight for the first time and I saw this earlier when I was googling the recipe so I thought I would come back online and share! I couldn't believe it lol. Here's the link from the Rachel Ray show. I just used my own chicken rather then the stuff she had made in this recipe since it was quicker & easier. So delish, also it doesn't call for peanuts but I put some in like they do at Boston pizza :) Enjoy!

www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=1046

Food and Recipes Recipes SeafoodJanuary 6, 2013
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-02-07 10:05:07 in 3 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️