Light Shrimp Scampi
This recipe is a family favorite and, unlike many of our favorites, this one is healthy! My kids love it. It is excellent over spinach pasta: http://www.thriftyfun.com/Spinach-Pasta.html
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (we make 2 lbs. of shrimp since we have 5 in our family and the kids don't like much sauce with theirs)
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until just opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook stirring for 30 seconds.
- With slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to platter, and place in oven using "keep warm" setting
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet, and bring to a boil. Boil until sauce is reduced by half (I notice from the photo, we left out the parsley that I'd purchased for this recipe - oops!)
- Add shrimp to sauce at this point, toss, and serve over pasta; or you can serve shrimp and sauce separately allowing everyone to add sauce to taste (a good idea if you have young children).
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!