Simple Banana Bread Recipe
Walnuts and cinnamon blend with the sweet flavor of bananas in this easy to make quick bread. This page contains a simple banana bread recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I am terrible about finishing the bananas before they start to turn brown. That isn't really a bad thing though, because those brown bananas means that it's time to make banana bread!
Total Time: 45 min. - 1 hr. 10 min.
Yield: 1 large loaf or 4 small loaves
- 3-4 overripe bananas
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs to butter mixture one at a time, beating well each time.
- In a separate bowl, mash the peeled bananas with a fork.
- Add milk and cinnamon to mashed bananas, stirring to combine.
- Add bananas mixture to sugar mixture, gently mix together.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stir until just combined.
- Optional: If you want to add walnuts, fold them into the batter now.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan (or divide evenly into smaller pans). Bake for 45 min. to 1 hr. 10 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for approx. 15 min. then remove from pan. Enjoy
June 4, 20130 found this helpful
I am terrible about finishing the bananas before they start to turn brown. That isn't really a bad thing though, because those brown bananas means that it's time to make banana bread! View the full recipe here: Banana Bread
In This Guide