Simple Tomato Soup
We have an abundance of tomatoes growing in our backyard. A great way to use up most of the tomatoes is to make tomato soup! I paired tomato soup with with grilled cheese sandwiches, yum!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr
Yield: 9 cups
- 20 Roma tomatoes
- 8 Garlic cloves
- 2 tsp Dried Basil
- 2 tsp Parsley
- 2 tsp Thyme
- Dash of Black pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 qt Chicken stock
- 5 Tbsp Fresh basil
- Optional Croutons, Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- Line sheet pan with foil and a little bit of olive oil. Slice tomatoes in half or thirds.
- Mince garlic, chop onion, dash of herbs on top and drizzle more olive oil on top.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- In a stock pot, bring chicken stock to a boil.
- Add sheet pan of tomatoes, juices, dried herbs in. Along with fresh basil.
- Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- You can use an immerse blender if you have one. Since I don't, I allowed the tomato soup to cool then placed in my blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy (or to your desire).
- Once blended smoothly, I poured soup back into my pot.
- Ready to serve. Top off with crouton, parmesan cheese or your choice of toppings.
- For the grilled cheese sandwiches. Spread mayo on two pieces of bread. Over low heat, mayo side face down (slice of cheddar on top of one piece of bread). This will take 3-4 minutes. Then put the sandwich together.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.