AdviceHealth & Beauty

Skin Care Uses for Aloe Vera

How can I use my aloe vera plant for skin care?

By Paul

You can use it to shave your legs as a shave gel. It is great for burns. You can squeeze the gel into ice cube trays and freeze it for burns. Rub it on your face leave it sit and wipe off. It is great at reducing the look of scars.

I keep a plant in the kitchen; if I burn myself I break off a tip and squeeze it over the burned area until the plant sap drips onto the burn. Or I slit the plant part open and rub the opened bit on the burn.

Works a treat for scalds and those little burns you get in the kitchen lifting a pot lid, taking something out of the oven, etc. Takes the pain away immediately, and does promote healing.

However, Aloe Vera sap doesn't take the place of proper medical attention if the burn is larger than the size of your smallest fingernail or a small coin. Anything as big or bigger needs to be seen by a doctor or RN.

My husband uses Aloe Vera gel to soothe his face after shaving. Smells nice, too:)