Smoke Alarm Completely Dead

I have a problem with one of my smoke alarms and I don't know how to fix it.
My smoke alarm is completely dead (red and green lights are completely not on, it is not making any sound). All my other alarms are functioning well. Is it a battery fault or something more serious?

Thanks!

Smoke alarms have a life. It probably needs to be replaced, if a battery change is not effective.

How old is your smoke alarm? A smoke alarms lifespan is generally 10 years. If it's outdated, I would recommend changing the entire unit for safety precautions.

Try replacing the battery and if that does not work then it looks like you need to replace it.
Some cities/counties give free smoke alarms so Google free smoke alarms with your zip code and see you live in one of those counties.
Some cities will also send a fireman to your house to check out a problem with a smoke alarm so check this out if you cannot find the problem (and you know your alarm is a newer model).

Are they hardwired together? You may need an electrician to check it out if that is the case. If they are single working, toss it and buy a new one.

Google the company and find out their life span. I think most are 8-10 years. If it is newer than that perhaps they will replace it free of charge. Safety first!!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Home SafetyJanuary 8, 2019
📓
🐛
🌻