Social Security Survivors Benefits?

I am the representative payee for my niece and nephew. My niece will be graduating in June and her survivors benefits will end. Will my 14 year old nephew's survivors benefits increase?

By Jennifer Rose

The only way to receive the correct answer to your question is to call your local Social Security Office and talk to them. Why would the boy's benefits increase just because his sister no longer qualifies? The fact that his sister will no longer receive benefits doesn't mean that it will cost more to raise the boy.

Most of the time, Social Security benefits have a set amount and if there are more than one beneficiary, these benefits are split. The fact that one is not receiving them any more could very well mean that the younger one will have increased benefits. You need to call your Social Security office to find out the specifics.

Business and Legal Legal General AdviceMarch 13, 2014
😷
😎
📓
🐛
🌻
Generated 2020-07-22 07:46:31 in 926 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Social-Security-Survivors-Benefits-1.html