RepairHome and Garden

Source of Running Water Sound in Bathroom

Im 62 year old, on low income. I own my home. I am in need of help trying to figure out why I've been hearing water running when I'm in my bathroom. I've checked everywhere to try to find the source, and I can't. There is no standing water under my house. My water meter is showing no signs of increased usage. Now, I've noticed a lot of moisture along my baseboard. It's getting worse.

Thank you in advance for your help!

I am thinking you may have a roof leak. You might want to call Habitat for Humanity.

Your gutter may have come loose and you are getting run off in the house. If you have a trusted general handy person, I would call and have this looked at. Water issues can cause all kinds of issues from mold to shorting out electricity lines. Post back what you learn! Hope it is an easy fix. The loose gutter we had over the summer cost $150 to repair. Sadly I could have done it myself, but my balance is too bad to be on a ladder any more.

You should probably try to contact a construction company that gives free estimates and have them look for your problem. You may want to call at least 2 companies so you will know for sure what is causing this "running water" as this could be causing all kinds of problems that will only get worse until repaired.

If you listen closely you may be able to tell if it coming from the back tank of your commode or under/behind your shower/tub or your wash stand as that is probably where it is. It could be a broken pipe and it will have to be repaired.

If the cost of repairs is more than you can afford then you may have to research how to get help with home repairs in your area (Google home repair help for low income (senior?) with your zip code. There will be many places to check out to see if you qualify.