Southern Fried Cornbread Recipe
Here is a delicious recipe for Southern fried cornbread. They are easy to make and full of flavor thanks to being fried in bacon grease. They are a perfect side dish for chili.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I have been making this cornbread for many years and my family loves it. It is very simple to make.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 14 pieces of cornbread
- 2 cups fine ground white cornmeal
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- bacon grease
- In medium mixing bowl, stir milk into the cornmeal. It should be a consistency that you could pour but not runny.
- Dip by tablespoonful and place into hot grease in skillet.
- Cook on medium heat until browned. Turn and brown other side.
- Remove from grease and place on paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle salt on cornbread. Serve hot.
- It's crispy and yummy. Enjoy!
You can freeze the leftover corn bread and heat it for another meal. Prepare for freezing so the pieces will not stick together when frozen.
To heat, place the frozen pieces on a baking pan and set in a cold oven. Set temperature control on 400 degrees F and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes. When you see the grease bubbling around the edges, it is hot and ready to serve.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.