Sweet Cornbread Recipe
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 293 Posts
February 16, 2015
My husband has always hated cornbread. When he tried this, he LOVED it! If it passes his test, you know it must be good. Very moist, bursting with peppers and corn, goes great with chili.
Total Time: About 15 minutes prep
Yield: About 10 servings
Source: Modified from a recipe I saw on food.com
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 12 oz. package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Anaheim pepper, diced (bell pepper can also be used)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Spread in a greased, 9 by 13 inch casserole dish.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 35 - 50 minutes, or until golden brown.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.