Sweet Cornbread Recipe
Adding more sugar to a corn bread recipe can make a yummy difference and change some people's opinion of this bread. This page contains a sweet cornbread recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My husband has always hated cornbread. When he tried this, he LOVED it! If it passes his test, you know it must be good. Very moist, bursting with peppers and corn, goes great with chili.
Total Time: About 15 minutes prep
Yield: About 10 servings
Source: Modified from a recipe I saw on food.com
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 12 oz. package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Anaheim pepper, diced (bell pepper can also be used)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Spread in a greased, 9 by 13 inch casserole dish.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 35 - 50 minutes, or until golden brown.
February 27, 20150 found this helpful
I have a very similar recipe. Instead of 2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix use 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix and 1 box Jiffy yellow cake mix. It's my husbands favorite because he likes a sweet cornbread.
February 16, 20150 found this helpful
That looks so good! Gotta try this one. Thanks.