Spanish Style Shrimp and Rice
Peas, chopped fresh tomato, onions, shrimp, and delicious herbs and spices combine with cooked rice to create a scrumptious meal that is easy to make.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a twist on traditional Spanish rice made with shrimp. It's almost like a Paella, but with several steps pulled out, making it a very easy to put together meal. I love to make this when I have cooked rice to use up.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups cooked rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly grease a large pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened.
- Stir in garlic, turmeric, chili flakes, and saffron. Stir well, cooking for about a minute or two.
- Add tomatoes and peas. Allow the juices from the tomatoes to release and for everything to soften a bit, a few minutes.
- Make a well in the middle of the pan and add a touch of cooking oil. Add shrimp and season with some salt and pepper.
- Cook a couple minutes then flip them over to cook another minute or two longer.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan. Stir and watch it turn yellow from all the lovely spices. Season everything with salt and pepper to taste. When everything is well combined, shut off heat and serve.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.