Stabbing Pain in Toes After Surgery?

0
Share
4
Save
Follow
Print

I had surgery for a herniated disc on this last March 10th. 3 weeks after surgery, I developed a stabbing sensation in the toes. At first, it was only when I would lay down. Now it's all the time intermittently. Standing, walking, sitting, laying down.

My doctor INSISTS it is only temporary. I am now 7 weeks into this horrible pain and nothing works to remove it! Was on Gabapentin but it did nothing. Some nights I don't even sleep 10 minutes. Has anyone else had this and what did you do for it?

I would go to another doctor for a second opinion. You may have a complication from this surgery.

Hi. Thanks for responding. I DID go see a second surgeon in a different city who ordered new MRI's, one with contrast, one without. He also ordered 7 new xrays. He couldn't find ANYTHING wrong! I don't know what to do!

I do not believe this is something we will be able to answer other than to say that it is a medical condition and only a qualified person can answer this for you.

It is possible you have some sort of nerve condition that has developed since your surgery; if so, maybe a neurologist would be able to help.

I'm only suggesting solutions that I've heard other people discuss but have not actually heard of anything like you are describing.
Sometimes a physical therapist can also help with problems like this.

Sorry for your pain and wish someone could help you.

Well, I'm just reaching out to see if anyone else experienced this and if they ever found a solution because so far, the only thing the medical community wants to do is drug me so I just don't care anymore! I have things to do so I don't want to be drugged out of my head.

I will find a neurologist here in Los Angeles tomorrow. Thanks!

I hope someone can help you as a pain that cannot be found is something to be concerned about.
Our main purpose for answering questions is to try and help find an answer but when it comes to medical problems it would be highly irresponsible for a lay person to suggest a treatment that may or may not be safe for another person - but you are correct in trying other sites to see if anyone has had similar problems and what treatment might have helped them.

I really hope a neurologist can help you as this is their field of expertise and, hopefully, they will solve this pain problem.
I also can understand why you would not want to take medicine that makes you feel 'out of it' as this is not usually solving the problem - only covering it up.

Please post back and let us know how it is going with you.

Health & Beauty AdviceMay 21, 2021
🎆
👔
😎
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Stabbing-Pain-in-Toes-After-Surgery.html