Stained Glass Angel Food Cake
This is a pretty, low sugar, dessert that is great for a diabetic or anyone trying to reduce their sugar intake. It is very easy to make and tastes delicious.
- 1 10 oz loaf angel food cake
- 2 boxes sugar free Jello
- Break up the angel food cake, or cut it up. I cut it into 8 slices, then cut each slice into 16 pieces.
- Put cake into an 8-cup container or bowl.
- Boil 2 cups water for the Jello and stir the water and Jello well, add 1 cup cold water.
- When Jello is thoroughly dissolved, pour it over the angel food cake pieces. Stir it all together and press down on the cake pieces for several minutes.
- Put in frig to set. This may take a little longer than usual for setting.
- To serve, cut up the Jello/cake or spoon it into serving dish, you will see the white pieces of cake with the colored Jello coating the outside of cake pieces, looking like stained glass. You can serve with any fruit that goes with the Jello, (I like strawberry/banana) and whipped topping. The number of servings depends on how large a serving is put in bowls. It's up to you.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!