Stained Tupperware

How do you clean stained plastic (aka Tupperware) containers? They were once clear but now are beige or were a particular color and now have a tinge to that color.

Hook Family from USA

Answers:

Sun Bleached

I have heard that you can put your stained Tupperware bowls out in the sun and the sun bleaches them. A girl at my church says this is what her grandmother does and it works. It's worth a try and it's free. (01/26/2006)

By luv2craft

Baking Soda

A paste of baking soda and water works really well. I usually mix the soda and water and let the containers sit over night but if there are any cracks in the plastic they go on to other non-food uses. I'm a bit paranoid about the chemicals in the plastic leaching into food. I love the Pyrex glass storage containers and only have a few Tupperware containers floating around! (01/26/2006)

By Madelynnsmama

The Sun

I've had good luck with clear Tupperware that's been stained by spaghetti sauce. I just put them out on the driveway in the sun on a clear, hot Texas day. The sun did, indeed, "bleach" the stain right out! (01/27/2006)

By Barb

Bleach

Bleach has worked, but also try rinsing with cold water and using a paper towel to wipe out immediately, if you are at work. It seems to work for me. (01/27/2006)

http://www.frugalforlife.com

By FFL

Tupperware is Guaranteed

Tupperware is guaranteed for life to be table worthy - your nearest Tupperware dealer should be able to replace them with the same or like item. (01/28/2006)

By gumbysue

Preventing Stained Tupperware

A tip for the future, spray Tupperware with PAM before putting tomato based foods in it. You shouldn't have the problem again. (02/01/2006)

By Luvyabye