Steamed Cod with Ginger and Scallions
An easy and healthy recipe. I cut down on the ginger, but will write the original recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Source: Facebook group
- 4 skinless cod fillets, (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp finely grated, peeled fresh ginger
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 scallions, green parts cut into 3-inch lengths
- In a large skillet, combine rice vinegar, soy sauce, and the ginger.
- Season both sides of 4 skinless cod fillets with coarse salt and ground pepper.
- Place in skillet with vinegar mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover; cook until fish is almost opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the green parts of the scallions into small pieces. Distribute over fish. Cook, covered, until fish is opaque throughout and scallions are just wilted, about 2 minutes more.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!