Storing Candles?

If I buy a holiday candle and save for 11 months, will it keep it's holiday smell for next year? How do I store it?

By Rita

Best Answer

I had purchased several Bath & Body tea light candles when they were 75% and stored them in a drawer for almost a year. They smelled just as great as the day that I bought them. I have done the same with Yankee Candles that I have purchased on clearance and had the same outcome too!

Very difficult to give an answer as it depends upon the candle's origin, specific ingredients, chemicals used in making the candle and scent, packaging, etc. Also, your quality in storing the candle for months is also a factor.

Seems to me if you want to be sure of the quality of candle and scent lasting, it would be better to wait til the next holiday span to buy a new candle. The money saved in buying a candle now, with no assurance of quality after storage of 11-12 months, is most probably not much.

I have taken mine and wrapped in foil and "Froze " them. They held up for a couple of years and then I had to light them lol

I have stored candles for years in dresser drawers, unwrapped, and they still had a pleasant scent. I don't know if it was as strong as when they were new, and I doubt it, but I didn't worry about it.

I stored them in with linens or with my undies for a pleasant scent. If you are concerned, be sure to wrap in plastic before you put it in storage. Plastic is better than foil, and I do not think you need bother with freezing it. I wouldn't.

Consumer Advice General AdviceJanuary 4, 2015
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Storing-Candles.html