Storing Citrus Zest

Before you eat an orange, wash it well under running water. Then using a really good zester start grating the orange peel being careful not to peel any of the pith. Place in a freezer bag and use accordingly. You can do the same thing with fresh lemons. I use the orange peel in orange coffee cake and I use the lemon peel in lemon poppy seed muffins.

By Joesgirl

More Solutions

Whenever I use fresh oranges, lemons or limes I use the finest side of my grater & grate the outer skin being careful not to grate the pitch (that's the white part of the fruit next to the skin). Then I let it air dry on a paper towel.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Herbs and SpicesDecember 28, 2012
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Storing-Citrus-Zest.html