Storing Citrus Zest

If you make your own citrus zest to use in cooking, you may be wondering how to store the excess. This is a page about storing citrus zest.

Before you eat an orange, wash it well under running water. Then using a really good zester start grating the orange peel being careful not to peel any of the pith. Place in a freezer bag and use accordingly. You can do the same thing with fresh lemons. I use the orange peel in orange coffee cake and I use the lemon peel in lemon poppy seed muffins.

By Joesgirl

Whenever I use fresh oranges, lemons or limes I use the finest side of my grater & grate the outer skin being careful not to grate the pitch (that's the white part of the fruit next to the skin). Then I let it air dry on a paper towel. When it is completely dry I put it in a labeled freezer bag and put in the freezer. Comes in handy for many things, especially for small amounts.

By joesgirl

Food and Recipes Food Tips Herbs and SpicesDecember 28, 2012
🎄
🎉

Generated 2019-12-15 06:35:05 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️