Storing Cottage Cheese Upside Down

Category Dairy
Storing your cottage upside down in the fridge can help to extend its shelf life. This is a page about storing cottage cheese upside down.

It's hard for me to find the low fat cottage cheese in small containers, so I end up buying the larger containers. Since I'm single and the only one who eats it, it can go sour long before I can eat it all. I have found that storing it in the refrigerator upside down makes it last well past the expiration date. I turn it upside down on a small plate. When I turn it right side up to open it, I just give it a little stir and it tastes as fresh as the day I bought it.

Source: My mother, a long, long time ago

After opening cottage cheese, store it upside down in the refrigerator. This way, it won't spoil with mold.

By Nona from Pasco, WA

Food and Recipes Food Tips DairyFebruary 18, 2017
🎃