Storing Cottage Cheese Upside Down

Category Dairy
Storing your cottage upside down in the fridge can help to extend its shelf life. This is a guide about storing cottage cheese upside down.

It's hard for me to find the low fat cottage cheese in small containers, so I end up buying the larger containers. Since I'm single and the only one who eats it, it can go sour long before I can eat it all. I have found that storing it in the refrigerator upside down makes it last well past the expiration date. I turn it upside down on a small plate. When I turn it right side up to open it, I just give it a little stir and it tastes as fresh as the day I bought it.

Source: My mother, a long, long time ago

After opening cottage cheese, store it upside down in the refrigerator. This way, it won't spoil with mold.

By Nona from Pasco, WA