Strawberry Jam and Jelly Recipes

I was trying to come up with a homemade version of jelly that would make the PBJ's in our house a little healthier. This took only a few minutes, no cooking and only 2 ingredients.

My kids all loved it, it tasted fresh and delicious, and I even ended up with extra sauce that would go great in tea, lemonade, ice cream, oatmeal, etc. I hope you enjoy this as much as we have, I can't wait to try it with all different kinds of fruits.

Total Time: About 10 minutes

Yield: About 2 1/2 cups total

• 20 oz bag frozen strawberries, thawed.
  • 1/4 cup honey

1. Place your strawberries in a large mixing bowl. Using a potato masher, mash well. Add your honey, mix well.
  2. Pour your mixture over a strainer placed over another large bowl to separate your juice from your strawberries.
  3. Put your berries in a clean glass jar, empty pickle jars work fantastic for things like this.
  4. Advertisement

5. Pour your sauce in another jar, I used our empty jelly jar. This would go great over ice cream, in hot cereal, beverages, you name it!
  6. Look at how fresh that is!
  7. Yum...
  8. Store in the fridge for a week or so, freeze for much longer. :)

More Solutions

My mother and I were experimenting and made this jelly. Its the best tasting besides regular strawberry preserves I've ever had.

Cook strawberries and sugar on low heat until mixed well. Add 1/4 cup lemon juice and boil for 4 minutes. Stir in 1 box of strawberry gelatin. Place in small jars and keep in refrigerator.

Boil berries and vinegar for 3 minutes. Add sugar and boil 10 minutes. Pour into jelly glasses.

Wash berries before stemming. Combine 2 cups sugar and 1/2 cup water; let boil until it spins a thread. Add 2 cups berries; boil up good.

Then add 2 cups sugar; bring to boil. Add 2 cups berries. Let boil good for 10 minutes.

Substitute whiskey sour mix for lemon juice when making strawberry jam.

9 Questions

I made strawberry jam, it didn't set. Can I do anything to correct this?

By rth gillan

Answers

Best Answer

Homemade strawberry jam is yummy. But what do you do if it is runny. Read on for a recipe to fix failed strawberry jam.

It is summer. Strawberry season is winding down. Raspberries and blueberries are just around the corner. Berries are just wonderful; about anyway you can eat them. I enjoy them fresh in a bowl, on my cereal or ice cream, in a frosty smoothy or in a pie. Come fall and winter, there is nothing like homemade strawberry jam on your favorite toast or on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

There are many good recipes for jam. I used a standard boxed pectin recipe with fresh picked strawberries from a local farm. My mouth was watering for homemade strawberry jam. I have not ever had a failure in my jam making, but this year I did. It was runny. It would make a great ice cream Sunday topper.

Most cooking mistakes can be fixed, so I researched my options. I called the 800 number on the pectin box. The help line operator had no information on how to fix runny jam. Next I called the local Cooperative Extension.

Over the years, I have found them to be a great source of information. This year, they came to the rescue, again.

Here is the recipe to fix failed strawberry jam. You can use this recipe to fix up to 8 cups of runny jam. These portions are per cup of jam.

2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of water
1 1/2 teaspoons powdered pectin

Mix pectin and water; bring them to a boil while you are stirring constantly. Add runny strawberry jam and sugar and stir constantly. Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil over high heat. Boil for ½ minute. Then remove the pot from heat. Skim the top of an foam that may have formed. Put jam in hot jars and use new lids. Process the jam in a hot water bath for 10 minutes. Let the jars sit over night.

There is nothing like homemade strawberry jam. I invite you to try your hand at making a batch. If you have ever made jam and it didn't set up, don't be discouraged. Tuck this recipe away with your jam recipe for future reference and "just in case." It does work. I tried it this year! Yum. You can visit me at healthworks-lifeworks.com/.../

good luck.

Best Answer

There is a recipe on the bottom of the instructions in the pectin box, depending on if you made jam or jelly. I have a batch of peach jelly that I have to remake because it did not set. Just remember to use new caps when reprocessing. Good luck!

Answer this Question

I'm looking for a recipe for my Pop-pop. He says his mother used to make fig-strawberry preserves and he is wanting some. I tried one recipe about 2 years ago, but it did not come out well (and yes, I know how to make preserves). Can anyone help me with this?

Cheri from Texas

Answers

This is the recipe I've used for years. There's really nothing hard about it, although I'm not one to cook to "ball stages" and such.

3 cups figs (cut off ends & mash)
3 cups sugar
1 large (or 2 small) boxes strawberry Jello

Mix all ingredients in pan. Cook over medium - high heat. When mixture comes to a boil, continue cooking for 7 minutes. Place in jars and seal.

my recipe is the same as dinkly except i use 6 cups of mashed figs. i use a potato masher to mash the figs.

By Carolynn (Guest Post)

I use the same receipe (6 cups mashed figs) and I also use the juice of one lemon.

By Joyce (Guest Post)

There is recipe in the box of Sure-Jell fruit pectin . It is good and always turns out for me

Answer this Question

Wash strawberries and remove stems. Pour boiling water over berries and drain off at once.

Food and Recipes Recipes Condiments Jam & JellyMay 18, 2015
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Strawberry-Jam-and-Jelly-Recipes.html