Substitute for Sticky Pads

I've mentioned this before but methinks my tip is too cheap and easy for most people to accept.

Inspect your junk mail. If there is/are one third blank sheets cut and save them. You'll soon have way many more than you'll need.

Use a spring clip to hold them in a pad. Use both sides of the pad. When more than half of one page is used up, move the spring clip to the other end.

Source: I'm too cheap to buy Sticky Pads. They are way too expensive!

Although sticky pads are great sometimes, I don't waste my money on them. As you do, I cut up paper that is blank on the back and use it for grocery list and many other things such as reminders taped to the kitchen window or bathroom mirror and labeling my left overs for the refrigerator. I keep a roll of scotch tape handy to use for sticking notes to something.

Even when I was working in the office, I did this. We used a lot of sticky pads but I found that they would get stuck to something else and lost. The scotch tape and blank scrap paper worked best for me. The office is where I got in the habit of cutting up scrap paper to use for notes. I just couldn't see wasting all that good paper.

I too recycled older paper. And to stretch it even further, I cross out what I wrote on it, then keep going.

As long as the appt. or directions, phone number or whatever is no longer needed, I then put a slanted line through it and add something new.

Better Living Green Living ReusingJuly 1, 2014
🌻
📓
🐛