Substitutes for Measuring Spoons
Sometimes you can't get to your measuring spoons, perhaps they are still packed after a move. This page offers some interesting alternatives to consider, they are plastic caps from commonly used products.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
If you are moving and don't have the kitchen stuff unpacked yet, this might help.
- A cap from a coffee creamer is exactly one Tablespoon.
- A cap from a flavored water or soda bottle is exactly one Teaspoon.
- A cap from a mini soda stream or coffee flavor bottle is exactly a Half Teaspoon.
- And half of that cap is a 1/4 Teaspoon.
- If you don't have the tiny ones, half of the soda bottle is 1/2 Teaspoon, and 1/4 of the cap is 1/4 Teaspoon.
I can't tell you how many times I have had to measure a cup of water in two of the 4 oz. fruit cups!
Hope this helps.
Source: Too many times doing without what I needed.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.