Substitutes for Measuring Spoons

Category Kitchen Tools
Sometimes you can't get to your measuring spoons, perhaps they are still packed after a move. This page offers some interesting alternatives to consider, they are plastic caps from commonly used products.

If you are moving and don't have the kitchen stuff unpacked yet, this might help.

• A cap from a coffee creamer is exactly one Tablespoon.

• A cap from a flavored water or soda bottle is exactly one Teaspoon.

• A cap from a mini soda stream or coffee flavor bottle is exactly a Half Teaspoon.

• And half of that cap is a 1/4 Teaspoon.

• If you don't have the tiny ones, half of the soda bottle is 1/2 Teaspoon, and 1/4 of the cap is 1/4 Teaspoon.
I can't tell you how many times I have had to measure a cup of water in two of the 4 oz. fruit cups!

Hope this helps.

Source: Too many times doing without what I needed.

I love tips like this!! Great, Sandi :)

I remember my mother using the cap on the vanilla bottle to measure out 1 teaspoon.

Thanks. Sometimes my mind goes "wait...I know people who might need this"!!

Me too! Or the ladies in my family would just do a "pinch of this" and a "drop of that". No one ever went hungry or complained!!

I am one of those cooks who "mix it up" some when it comes to recipes. My sister can't make something if she doesn't have one ingredient. I go "Oh this sounds good"!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsNovember 7, 2019
🎄
🍂