Substituting Marshmallow Cream for Marshmallows

My granddaughter hates the texture of marshmallows. Can I substitute marshmallow cream for the marshmallows in a cherry fluff recipe? It calls for 1 cup of miniature marshmallows.

You can substitute marshmallow cream for marshmallows in a recipe.

1. Check your recipe first to make sure you can use marshmallow cream in place of marshmallows.
  2. In some recipes, it isn't possible to use marshmallow cream in place of marshmallows.
  3. According to Kraft-General Foods Inc., a 7-ounce jar of marshmallow creme may be used in place of 4 cups of miniature marshmallows or 40 large marshmallows when making Rice Krispies treats.
  4. For more information Thrifty fun has a guide that you can read. www.thriftyfun.com/tf27030552.tip.html

Please read your recipe first before attempting to use marshmallow cream because in some recipes this will change the texture or consistency.

Yes, you can substitute marshmallows with marshmallow creme. A 7 oz. jar is equal to 2 1/8 cups marshmallows

I have tried substituting marshmallow cream for marshmallows and it does not always taste the same to me.

• I am not sure if it would work very well when making Cherry Fluff as the marshmallows still kinda hold their shape in this cold dessert.
  • I think you may just have to do this with "trial and error" as I feel sure everyone would still enjoy the dessert.
  • Here is the only conversion I could find that made sense as most are dealing with larger amounts.
  • 2 cups of mini marshmallows is equivalent to 1 (7-ounce) jar of marshmallow creme so I would take that to mean 1/2 of the 7-ounce jar would equal 1 cup of marshmallows.
  • Substitution is not always a problem but it may be in this dessert.

Here is a recipe that I use for Cherry Fluff and everybody loves it - no marshmallows and no fluff.

allrecipes.com/.../

• In some recipes you can use marshmallow cream in place of marshmallows.
  • Ad

• Be sure the cream is warm when you add it to your recipe for fluffiness.
  • Marshmallow cream is just a spreadable version of marshmallows.
  • Try it see how your grandaughter likes it.