Suction Grab Bars Reviews

Suction Grab Bar
Rather than installing permanent grab bars in the tub or shower, some consumers consider the suction style bar. This is a guide about suction grab bars reviews.

Has anyone used the bathtub grab bars that attach to the tub wall by the way of suction? I've seen them in Bed Bath and Beyond. I'm wondering how sturdy they are.

By Betty

I wouldn't trust a suction cup grab bar. It would be better to attack a grab bar next the the tub which is permanently screwed into the wall.

I wouldn't have a lot of faith in a suction type grab bar. In fact I don't have a lot of faith in the ones that clamp onto the edge of the tub either. When screwing one onto the wall you want to make sure the screws go into a stud instead of just the dry wall.

I don't think suction bars in the tub are a good idea. Evenually the stuction is lost and they will fall down. Also, when first put up how much weight when one pulls on them will it support? You don't want them to fail when one used them.

As stated on the packaging, they are for steadying support only and not for weight bearing.