Suction Grab Bars Reviews

Rather than installing permanent grab bars in the tub or shower, some consumers consider the suction style bar. This is a guide about suction grab bars reviews.

I have a round circular stain from a shower grip on the wall. Is there anything I can do?

Answers

Best Answer

Magic eraser (generic works), Softscrub, Barkeepers Friend, and Baking soda sometimes works.

Has anyone used the bathtub grab bars that attach to the tub wall by the way of suction? I've seen them in Bed Bath and Beyond. I'm wondering how sturdy they are.

By Betty

Answers

I wouldn't trust a suction cup grab bar. It would be better to attack a grab bar next the the tub which is permanently screwed into the wall.

I wouldn't have a lot of faith in a suction type grab bar. In fact I don't have a lot of faith in the ones that clamp onto the edge of the tub either.

When screwing one onto the wall you want to make sure the screws go into a stud instead of just the dry wall.

I don't think suction bars in the tub are a good idea. Evenually the stuction is lost and they will fall down. Also, when first put up how much weight when one pulls on them will it support? You don't want them to fail when one used them.

As stated on the packaging, they are for steadying support only and not for weight bearing.

Don't waist your money. A friend got me one, and at the exact moment I needed the help, it let go of the tubs edge. I have found the ones that clamp onto the tub's edge, while more expensive, are safer.

Good luck!

Betty, my husband & I specialize in installation of handicap grab bars and accessories. No way would I ever trust a family members well being or health to suction cups. You would be better off finding a quality "screw in" type of grab bar. Home Depot & Lowes both carry a line of them. Good luck in your search
PS. Please make sure who ever installs these devices in your home uses a wall anchor or a zip it, so that they don't "rip" out

redhaterb is absolutely correct, they should be mounted to a stud in the wall.