Suprise 16th Birthday Parties

My sister is turning 16 at the end of March. She says she doesn't think she should throw a party and she may go out with a few friends instead. I want to throw her a party though! She doesn't really like big parties, I don't know how many friends to invite. I also don't know what theme or things to do for the party. She's not super girly, but she's not a total tomboy. Where should I throw it? In all is this a good idea or should I not do it?

I would not throw a party if she doesn't want it. Contribute to the cost of a nice lunch or dinner.

It sounds like you want to have a party for your sister, but she doesn't want one. Why not ask what she wants and how you can help. You sound like a lovely sibling!! Ask!! 16 is a big deal so be sure to listen and help her have a special and meaningful day!! Post back what is decided and blessings to your sis on her sweet 16!!